"Pride is a funny thing; it can make what is truly worthless appear to be a treasure."
- Alice Hoffman (via amandaonwriting)
"Poetry doesn’t have to rhyme, it just has to touch someone where your hands couldn’t."
- Rudy Akbarian (via daliapandagail)
(Source: purplebuddhaproject, via desirethepositive)
"I don’t know where the universe came from or what happens to creatures when they die. I don’t know if the whole thing’s an unravelling accident or an inscrutable design. I don’t know how one should live—but I know that one should live, if one can possibly bear it."
- Glen Duncan, The Last Werewolf (via larmoyante)
"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold; when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade"
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (via theriverjordyn)
(Source: uppereastside, via serapart)
"Everything about him was old except his eyes and they were the same color as the sea and were cheerful and undefeated."
- Hemingway from Old Man and the Sea (via dianelaura)